Re: Bea WebLogic and Oracle shared server

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 07:00:55 -0400

On 06/07/2004 06:54:44 AM, "Daiminger, Helmut" wrote:
> Hi!

> Does anybody have any experience with this? Will shared server mode work
> with thin JDBC connections to the database? Can BEA WebLogic handle shared
> servers on the Oracle side?

My last experience  was with iPlanet ans WebSphere and both did work shared
servers.
Oracle was 8.1.7.1 on HP-UX 11/64, while both application servers were on AIX
5.2.
While iPlanet was fairly buggy and unstable and had problems with connection
pool
which would occasionally freeze the whole server (version was 6.5), WebSphere
was
rock solid and stable. I have no experience with BEA, but from what I hear, it
is
a good app-server.
--
Mladen Gogala