RE: Backups versus snapshots

  • From: "Chitale, Hemant K" <Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx>
  • To: <dimensional.dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:43:35 +0800

The biggest challenge is maintaining the “version” library to support old
backups.

How do you maintain the technology to be able to restore old backups ?

1.       Tape Drives

2.       Media Management Software libraries

3.       Operating Systems

4.       RDBMS Versions

5.       Admin / Job scripts associated with the OS and Database

Hemant K Chitale