Re: Backup using only one CPU - SA wants to know why

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:26:58 -0700

My backups are to disk, not tape, so that isn't an issue.  What I'm seeing
is lots of I/O, as expected, and very little CPU, also as I would expect.
 I personally do not consider this an issues since the backups are
performing well and finishing several hours before the end of the backup
window.  The SA has some monitoring tool he uses on the IBM mainframe.
 Occasionally, he uses the top command.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Sandy

--