Re: Backup opinions

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:04:05 +1000

Thanks a lot, Jared and everyone else,
much appreciated. Some good ideas and avenues
there for me to explore further.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

Jared Still wrote,on my timestamp of 14/08/2008 9:39 AM:

I use the db_file_name_convert log_file_name_convert parameters
in the init.ora. My method is to query v$datafile and v$logfile, along with
other file v$ views, to generate the initi.ora parameters, generate
mkdir commands and whatever else is needed when the destination
of the new files does not match the source.  mkdir probably isn't needed,
RMAN will likely do that, but it's just an old habit at this point.
snip...