RE: B-Tree to Partitioned index

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'awellsdba@xxxxxxxxx'" <awellsdba@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:12:09 -0500

April,

One suggestion is to just create the new partitioned index with a different
name.  When it is complete, drop the old one and rename the new one if you
want it named a certain way.

Look at the ALTER INDEX RENAME command available in Oracle 9i.  If naming it
is not the issue, then just build the new one and drop the old one.

Hope this helps!

Tom