Re: Avamar Backup

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gsais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:52:34 -0300

I despise storage level backups. It removes the backup and restore
capabilities from the DBA and goes against years of careful development in
RMAN. My suggestion, as always, RMAN to tape using NBU's integration with
Oracle (MML) or TSM's TDPO (tivoli data protection for Oracle).

cheers.
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional