Re: Autostarting wallet question.

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alex Fatkulin <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 15:05:08 -0500

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Alex Fatkulin <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just keep in mind that auto login wallet can be opened anywhere (on any
> system) without knowing the password. So if someone steals your wallet they
> can open it without a password and get access to all your encryption keys.
>
> If this is not desirable then auto login _local_ wallet might be a better
> choice - it can only be opened on the system where it was created.

YES - I would be hesitant to use an auto login wallet; the local
wallet seems much more secure.

However from checking the docs, it seems to me that the local wallet
was added in 11.2 - so if you're on 11.1 or older then you might need
to consider other the regular auto login wallet.

Charles - if you were using a regular auto login wallet then maybe
that's why you were seeing different behavior from me with querying
the encryption view?

-Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider