Autonomous Transactions - Good or Bad

  • From: Jeff Chirco <JChirco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:19:41 +0000

I recently saw Tom Kyte and he mentioned how he doesn't like autonomous
transactions and said you should never really use them except for when logging
errors.  I didn't understand what was so bad about them and didn't get a chance
to ask him.  So I was wondering if any of you agree with this statement and
why?  I personally try to avoid them but I have other developers that use them
frequently because they need to run other transactions over their current one.
Thanks for any info.
Jeff