Re: Automatic startup after FSFO

  • From: Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: softice@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 09:55:48 +0200

Sve,

"having the databases in Oracle restart with their db_name instead of
their unique name."

But that should not be the case normally, should it?
Normally oracle restart is using the db unique name, just as with rac.

regards,

--
Freek D'Hooge
Exitas NV

On wo, 2015-05-27 at 19:41 +0100, Svetoslav Gyurov wrote:

Hi John,

If failover occurs, the broker will open the standby straight away and
the former primary will be shut anyway ? Then at some point you would
like to start (manually) the former primary in mount state to get it
reinstated and become the new standby database ?

I've done similar 11.2.0.3.7 installation recently and I had a lot of
problems because of having the databases in Oracle restart with their
db_name instead of their unique name.

Regards,

Sve

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 7:48 AM, Freek D'Hooge
<freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

It was my impression that you need to install grid
infrastructure when using FSFO so the database stop / start is
managed by the GI.
In that case, there is no need to have your own stop/start
scripts and the desired state is managed in the cluster
registry.

When a role change has happened oracle "should" change the
desired target state.
I say should, as recall some problems with that in 11.2.
Although those should be fixed now.

regards,