Re: Automatic Storage Management (ASM) - Survey

  • From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:17:47 +0100

Hi here you go

1. Do you use ASM?       YES

Complete the following when you say YES to the above question:

2. Which OS             - AIX, Linux, Windows and Solaris
3. Do you use ASM for a single instance? Yes but only for Cold Failover
Clustes with Clusterware
4. Have you ever performed the migration? non-ASM to ASM?  NO
5. Which redundancy option have you used?  External and Normal
6. Do you think the Oracle document about ASM is sufficient enough? Bad, not
enough
7. Do you think a seaprate ASM administratore is required to manage ASM
instance? NO
8. Do you think ASM is very much stable?  YES
9. Do you recommend ASM? YES but only for RAC, single instance can stick
with filesystems
10. Do you think managing ASM is very easy?  NO but probably because we have
not faced any problems yet, I am sure things will get complicated

Thanks

--
LSC