RE: Automatic Space Management Observation

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 10:38:21 -0500

This has nothing to do with ASM which only exists on 10g.

Nor do I believe that what you are seeing is directly related to ASSM in 9+.
It looks to me that your tablespace was created using auto-allocate as the
allocation method and the behavior you described is in line with it.  It
would be helpful if you had posted the create tablespace DDL or the
dba_tablespaces values for the tablespace.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --