RE: Autobackup not found by RMAN

  • From: "Marquez, Chris" <cmarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mark.moynahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Vitalis Jerome" <vitalisman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 09:10:26 -0500

Mark,

>>you just have to set the autobackup
>>format before restoring the spfile.

Not that I disagree with Jerome, but I notice that this time you left off
"maxdays=2;".
Did that have anything to do with it too?...was your AUTOBACKUP > 2 days old?

Just curious,

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

PS What is the autobackup default?  " '.../ora_cf%F'; " I think?
I have run into trouble with this before, using non-default...but it was on
backup (failure) if I remember?