RE: Auto shutdown of Oracle for Windows reboot

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:56:17 -0700 (PDT)

Brandon,

I think you can solve your problem by adding

psexec -s -d net stop OracleServiceSID

to your group policy shutdown script. psexec.exe can be downloaded from
sysinternals.com (now part of Microsoft). Running it with -s allows you to run
as the pseudo system account instead of the real user, oracle in your case. (I
often launch psexec -s -i -d taskmgr to lower priority of virus scan processes.
That won't violate our institution policy!)

Let me know if it works for you. I can't find a Windows box running Oracle
server and I can reboot at will.

Yong Huang