Re: Auto Extend On, Increment By

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:37:08 -0400

I very rarely use autoextend. We do lots of batch processing and developers never put in deletes/archiving until they run out of space. It's also a nice stop to a "runaway process" Or I might autoextend to a limit. Having said that, the ones I do autoextend on base on the extent size of the tablespace when using uniform extent sizes. For autoallocated extent sizes I use 64Mb as it used to be the largest extent size created with autoallocate though I haven't checked with 10g.