RE: Authorete

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:26:22 -0500

Shackles work very well in that case.  Possibly you could borrow a few pairs of
handcuffs from the local police department!!  *-)

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of April Wells

 Ended up having to create case sensitive synonyms (upper case version, lower
case version) on the double quoted table structures or the user couldn't log
in.

Granting is easy... aliasing is the interesting part.

Try create synonym user on whoever.user
Oracle tends to get testy.

From: April Wells <  <mailto:AWells@xxxxxxxxxx> mailto:AWells@xxxxxxxxxx>
Has anyone worked with Authorete software against an Oracle database
before?

I am trying (silly me) to impose some security on this product, and they
have tables called... user... privilege... group... session... and I
need to have the tables owned by one user while another user can SUID
the data, but not affect the table structure (got burned on financials
implementation with customizations... ) and it is geeking out when the
user tries to log into the front end...

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is
strictly confidential and for the intended use of the addressee only; it may
also contain proprietary, price sensitive, or legally privileged information.
Notice is hereby given that any disclosure, distribution, dissemination, use,
or copying of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient is
strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete this
communication, and destroy all copies.

Corporate Systems, Inc. has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any
attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. We specifically disclaim
all liability and will accept no responsibility for damage sustained as a
result of software viruses and advise you to carry out your own virus checks
before opening any attachment.