Auditing statements

  • From: P D <pdba1966@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:28:41 -0400

We have been asked by our security division to run these specific statements on
a database for auditing purposes.   They don’t work.     These are 11.1.0.7
databases on Standard Edition.    Are there some other broad-based generic
commands that can be run that will capture the purpose of what is listed here?
   If they want it to capture information from every user in the database,
wouldn’t we have to also explicitly state each user name, otherwise all we are
really auditing is actions by the sys user since that is where the command is
being run from?

Audit drop unused schemas
Audit trap autonomous transactions
Audit any create statement