Auditing Question -10gr2

  • From: "Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:29:21 -0600

Recently, we discovered that newly created accounts were not being
audited.  This was in a test database that was recreated nightly from
production, then auditing turned on (audit all;), then the users
created.

Am I missing something, or are users created *after* auditing has been
enabled not audited?  The data in the auditing trail prior to moving the
user create to before auditing is enabled, consists solely of
logon/logoff and selects on objects in their own schemas (specifically,
MSYSCONF, which I believe is a local table for MS Access).  I've tested
this by executing an 'audit all;' after user creation, then having the
user login and select from a different table, and this shows up.

Thanks in advance - Chris