Re: Auditing DBA privs

  • From: mkb <mkb125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Smith.Steven@xxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:34:30 -0700 (PDT)

Steve,

I would start by looking at the database-stig-v7r2.pdf which is available for
download from iase.disa.mil/stigs/stig/database-stig-v7r2.pdf .

Specifically, section 4 titled Database Auditing and B.14 Auditing in Oracle
should get you started.

This document outlines the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
process that many systems in federal agencies and the DOD have to go through
before a system can get accredited and be put on a live network.  The
recommendations in the database STIG should be sufficient to keep the IG off of
you backs.

In our setup, we have audit_sys_operations = true and set audit_trail=db.  I
don't have access to the system otherwise I would have attached a file listing
of the audit options that we have turned on (see section B.14 in the STIG
guide).

hth

--
mohammed