Audit related

  • From: "Ram Raman" <veeeraman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:54:14 -0500

Hi,

Audits are being turned on in some of our systems. A third party tool is
going to be auditing OS and database information and collect the information
in their repository (another Oracle DB).

They have recommended that audit go to DB, so the tool can pull the
information out of audit table. I am concerned about the location of audit
table AUD$. In previous projects we have moved the table out of system
tablespace.
But it is not supported by Oracle it seems. How do you all handle the growth
of the audit table?

1) Move Audit table to another tablespace. How do you handle the upgrades.

2) Periodically make a copy of the table into a history table and then
truncate it. I will have to find out if the product truncates it. I will be
worried if for some reason the copy/truncate by the auditing product does
not happen.

3) Let the table sit on the on system tablespace and grow as big as it can
get and allocate all the space it needs.

Thanks,
Ram.