RE: Audit Trail

  • From: "Vergara, Michael (TEM)" <mvergara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chiragdba@xxxxxxxxx>, <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:44:01 -0700

If the directory isn't already there, you can just create it.  On my systems, I
set the init.ora parameter
audit_file_dest to a directory like $ORACLE_BASE/admin/SID/audit.  On 10, I've
noticed that the
default is $ORACLE_BASE/admin/SID/adump, so that might be a good place to start.

I have audit_trail = DB on my systems, and then the audit records are in a
SQL-queryable table called
SYS.AUD$.  There are a bunch of predefined views of this table (like
DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL) that make it very easy to query.

Cheers,
Mike

Michael P. Vergara       Be good and you will be lonesome
Oracle Database Administrator    Mark Twain
(951) 914-2000 (Voice)
(951) 914-2990 (FAX)
www.guidant.com <http://www.guidant.com/>