RE: Archiving data into another database

  • From: "Wittenmyer Joel - CO" <WITTENMYERJ@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:31:00 -0600

I've been watching this.  I'll just offer a quick experience.  I did
this very thing for the Mayo Clinic a few years ago.  We pulled
everything from their Operational instance into an 'archive' instance
using Oracle Streams.  Because you can choose what actions on what
tables to replicate and which not to, and because you can code your own
enqueue and dequeue procedures it is extremely versatile.  This was
strictly for archival and reporting.

Joel Wittenmyer
Technical Management Consultant
TUSC - The Ultimate Software Consultants
(303) 985-2213 (x116)

wittenmyerj@xxxxxxxx <mailto:wittenmyerjr@xxxxxxxx>