Re: Archiving data into another database

  • From: "Sandra Becker" <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:25:46 -0700

Thank you for the link.  I believe this would work if we can get the code to
require a date range--that's what they want to use as the key for
archiving.  The users who run ad hoc queries would have to be trained as
well.  Very doable.  I'm looking forward to testing this as soon as I can.

I have already talked about the cost of recoding vs. buying a different
license.  It fell on deaf ears.  Won't stop me from trying again though once
they've tuned the horrible SQL that I see every day.  Picking my battles
here.

Sandy

On 1/31/07, Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Which brings me to a reference to a link to the archives of this list:

//www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/06-2005/msg00782.html

A post linking to 'poor man's partitioning' by Lex de Haan, who left this
planet(R) at Febr. 1st 2006. It is a year ago, tomorrow. He's missed by
many.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
===