Re: Archiver hung - Comvault question

  • From: De DBA <dedba@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 20:55:27 +1000

Hi Norman,

On 6/06/2016 5:22 pm, Norman Dunbar wrote:

Hopefully I'm remembering correctly, but, if you customise a backup script from the gui, it only customises that particular one backup. If the script is being generated from the profile or similar, you need to make changes there.

Gee, I hope so. We don't need the emergency script to replace the normal backup forever.. Perhaps Mladen can confirm this? It took us a while to find the customised script tab as I don't generally have access to CommVault and the CommVault engineer hardly interacts with the Oracle plugin - it tends to repair itself..

I must admit that I was a bit surprised that when we clicked 'Backup archived logs older than [1] days', the alter system statement was still included. Perhaps I can initiate an enhancement request here, to provide a checkbox to avoid the alter system archive log statement? It would have helped greatly in our situation, with me telling the CommVault guy to avoid archiving the current log since the archiver was hung, and he not having a clue how to do that.

Cheers,
Tony