Re: Archivelog mode and receiving ORA-19602

  • From: "stephen van linge" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "swvanlinge@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "pavan_843@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pavan_843@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 13:08:51 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Pavan, You are correct, it turns out I have 2 db instances running with the
same sid hence the confusion.  My restore script was passing the service name
to connect to the database where I was using OS authentication through
sqlplus/rman, so my restore script got the instance that the listener wasn't
blocking, and I got the instance that the listener was blocking.  The one I was
connecting to was in archivelog mode and the one the script was connecting to
was in noarchivelog mode. I'm just going to nuke the VM and start over,
something funky must have happened during dbca (I swear I only ran it once...).
Might have been some leftover files after deleting the last instance (with the
same name). Thank you for your time, Stephen