Re: Archived Redo Logs

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: richard.ignizio@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 16:29:32 -0700

On 5/17/07, Ignizio, Richard <richard.ignizio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi all,

I would like to know your backup policies concerning Archived redo logs,
such as how long do you keep them on tape, etc.

We keep archived logs as long as we keep the database files.

I'm not sure what the purpose would be of having difference retention
policies
for archived logs and data files.

Archive logs are backed up twice to tape, then deleted from disk.

eg.

BACKUP FORMAT '%%d_T%%T_arch_s%%s_p%%p_t%%t' ARCHIVELOG ALL NOT BACKED UP 2
TIMES;

DELETE ARCHIVELOG ALL BACKED UP 2 TIMES TO DEVICE TYPE sbt;

--
Jared Still