Anyone using btrfs compression?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 09:23:44 -0600 (CST)

Hey all,

Looking ahead to where I can no longer do on-the-fly compression on my
exports due to Oracle now charging for that functionality (exp->expdp), I
came across an Oracle6 Linux manual that says that btrfs supports two
methods of transparent compression.  The marketing suggests that I could
create a compressed btrfs filesystem to use to store datapump exports.  But
reality isn't always the same as the sales pitch.

Is anyone using btrfs with compression?  Comments?

TIA,
Rich