Re: Anyone using 10.1 client to 11.2 DB?

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 13:47:22 -0500 (CDT)

Jamey writes:

> I have used on Solaris without a problem via DB Links in my 10.1.0.5
> database to 11.2 DBs without any issues. Still would recommend to use 11.2
> client if you can though.

I'm leery of major linking issues (like I experienced going from 8.0.5 to
9.2), where I do not have control over much of anything about the various
vendor apps, much less how they've linked to the Oracle Client libs.  And I
have ZERO confidence that I could successfully convey my concerns to many of
those vendors.

Our test systems, being test systems, do not exactly mirror the config of
production, so in some cases I may not have a choice but to upgrade the
client...

Thanks!
Rich