Re: Anyone running oracle_home with just Intelligent agent installed

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:17:28 +0800

I had raised a TAR in February asking if I could do a standalone OIA install.

### Detailed Problem Statement: ###
I would like to be able to install the Intelligent Agent standalone
in a small ORACLE_HOME.
The server has seperate 8.1.7 and 9.2.0 installs and multiple ORACLE_HOMEs.
Rather than using an active O_H to configure I.A, I prefer a
seperate O_H for the I.A.
However, it seems that the Server Enterprise Edition installer does not
allow me to select the I.A. alone, without selecting the RDBMS Server,
which would unncessarily increase the size of the O_H
### What were you trying to accomplish when the problem occurred? ###
Install Intelligent Agent alone in a "small" ORACLE_HOME

### The step-by-step actions which preceded the problem: ###
The OUI does not allow me to select I.A alone

The Oracle Support Analyst's Response :
Fromt he inforamtion you have provided it seems that you want to install
Intelligent
agent in a separate $O_H.

You need to do a custom installation and you need to install the RDBMS Core
component. There is no way around this. You need instal
l the RDBMS and select just intelligent agent.

However, I dropped the idea of installing the OIA on the 80 odd-database
servers.
I just use DBSNMP to connect via SQLNet from the OEM Console.  I don't use
OEM Jobs or Alerts,
relying on CRON jobs and SQLNet.

=======================
At 01:30 AM Tuesday, you wrote:
@We are having issues with OEM.
@.....................
@I'm suggesting 9205 OIA as a possible solution.  However, we don't want to
@take any of our databases 9205 as it's buggy.
@
@.....
@So, anyone here doing Intelligent Agent as the only component installed in
@a seperate ORACLE_HOME from the databases for any reason?  I'm sure many
@are that are supporting 8i as the only version on servers....any folks
@doing it for 9i though?

Hemant K Chitale
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital