Re: Anyone know any WP which explains about FTS vs Index Scan?

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim.evdbt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 14:01:45 -0600

I have a white paper and presentation on the topic written by Jeff Maresh from 2002.

The white paper is entitled "In Defense Of Full-Table Scans" and the presentation is entitled "How To Improve Database Performance With Full Table Scans".  My website is having problems at the moment so I can't post them there, but HERE <https://drive.google.com/file/d/11CEqI6NOsc8D49t2eKuXnM7WYdsXB5oK/view?usp=sharing> is a download link for the white paper and HERE <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iKxH3j_JjvfODl_dWkeiIQo63KyH5tbh/view?usp=sharing> is a download link for the presentation.  If anyone wants to communicate with the author, his email is "jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

Hope this helps...

On 4/10/18 13:46, Hans Forbrich wrote:

Have you looked at *http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/bi-datawarehousing/twp-explain-the-explain-plan-052011-393674.pdf

/Hans

*On 2018-04-10 1:37 PM, Ls Cheng wrote:
Thanks all for the pointers.

However no one has come across with some official oracle stuff? I searched as well but I cant find any.

TIA