Re: Anyone every seen a VM image run in slow motion?

  • From: Ethan Post <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Matthew Zito <mzito@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:34:26 -0500

Thanks you guys were right on about that, firewall was blocking NTP sync. I
am a bit sketchy on some of this "cloud" stuff because while I can see my
servers I have no access to the servers hosting our environments. I
experienced the hang (about 60 seconds everything locked up) right after the
admin moved the VM to a new host (live) and then when it came back the DB
was kaput. arc error. Not sure if it was the move or the hang or what,
apparently these things get moved all the time for load balancing and we
haven't seen any crashes before.

ARC0: terminating instance due to error 472
Errors in file /.../_ora_28944.trc:
ORA-00472: PMON  process terminated with error
Instance terminated by ARC0, pid = 5784

Long day :)