Anyone else experience this?

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <Chris.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:18:46 -0600

Do you find yourself saying more often, "It's an Oracle bug.  Fixed in
'xx' patch."  Or "It's an Oracle bug and its not fixed yet."  Or "It's
an Oracle bug and it looks like its fixed in 11g."???

We're running 10.2.0.3 (can't remember the patchset off the top of my
head) and we've got a few bugs that aren't fixed and we seem to hit
another every other week.

The latest is ORA-01008: Not all variables bound when setting
cursor_sharing = SIMILAR for PeopleSoft performance.

I just looked at the 10.2.0.4 release notes (which has not been released
for any platform, nor are any release dates provided) and I think it's
the biggest list of Oracle bugs I've ever seen in a patch.

I know with added complexity comes added potential for bugs, but this is
becoming more and more bothersome.

Thoughts?

Disclaimer:

I've recently quit smoking and taking Chantix so maybe I'm just in a
very bad mood.

Chris Taylor

Sr. Oracle DBA

Ingram Barge Company