Anybody more familiar with "_use_old_connect_by" than I am?

  • From: "Dree VeeWee" <dreveewee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 23:24:49 +0100

Hello,

anybody have used the setting "_use_old_connect_by" ?
We had to use it (instance level) in our migrated 9.2.0.7 to
10.2.0.2database (win32) because certain hierarchical queries were
chewing up all
the cpu. After we set "_use_old_connect_by" to TRUE, cpu usage went back to
normal. This suggestion was made by the metalink support analyst as one of
many attempts to fix the cpu problem which almost brought down the oracle
server.
Appearantly it influences the execution of connect-by queries in 10g. But
since Metalink doesn't have much on this setting I am not sure which
unwanted side effects to expect (eg, wrong resultsets, influence on
other type of queries, other bugs)

Kind regards,
Andre v Winssen