Re: Any way to run more than listener on the same port?

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:50:11 +0000

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:33:17 -0500, JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That was foolish of me.
>
> I'm on Solaris 2.9, Oracle 9.2
>
> Could this be made to work in that environment?

I run 9.2 on Solaris 9.  As I recall if you try to start up a second
listener on the same port as a running listener lsnrctl complains that
there's already a listener on that port and fails to start the second
one.

This is the same regardless of whether the listeners are both the same
version or are different versions (e.g. 8i and 9i or 9i and 10g).

Stephen