Re: Any way to invalidate/flush a single cursor

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:28:02 -0600

Not sure, but try DBMS_SHARED_POOL.UNKEEP, perhaps?

Does anyone know of a way to invalidate or completely flush a single cursor?
I'm doing some performance testing of queries that are having trouble with bind variable peeking and sharing plans between executions with drastically different bind values, so I need to invalidate the cursor in between executions in order to test the explain plans of different bind variables. Is there any more focused approach than gathering stats or issuing grants on one of the query's tables? That works, but of course invalidates all other queries referencing the table.
Thanks,
Brandon

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l