Re: Any reason not to have logic in the db?

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:46:21 -0500

Ah yes, the religious wars.  I like to keep logic that I call data
integrity related in the database, that would be check constraints and
foreign key constraints, etc.
Possibly triggers, but that is a borderline call.  Logic that is likely to
change year by year should be kept in the application code.

I can see both sides, but I know my opinion is correct :).

--
Andrew W. Kerber

//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l