Re: Any reason not to have logic in the db?

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:22:02 +0100

Hi Andrew,

On 12/06/12 15:19, Andrew Kerber wrote:
> Well, I am not that fond of large packages either, but thats just me.
Neither am I. I prefer my packages to be of manageable size. Ditto the
code within.

> Most of my performance pain these days seems to come from java
> 'programmers'  who call java objects, but have no idea what tables they
> are hitting in the database, or how they are hitting them.  I use quotes
> because I dont consider them as really being programmers.
+1.

I think it was Noons who recently referred to Java developers as cut and
pasters - they find a framework on the internet and cut and paste
example code from it into their applications. I agree with him!

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar