Re: Any quick way to remove histograms?

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:13:03 -0500

Can't you call dbms_stats.set_table_stats()?

Don.

On 3/16/07, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there any faster way to remove histograms other than re-analyzing the
table?  I want to keep the existing table, index & column stats, but with
only 1 bucket (i.e. no histograms).  It seems like there should be a way to
do this, but I haven't been able to find a way other than hacking the
dictionary and I'm not about to do that.   I'm pretty sure there answer is
No, but I'm just hoping someone might know an ancient Chinese secret (any
other nation of origin will do too :-) to do the trick.

--
Don Seiler
http://seilerwerks.blogspot.com