Any OWS 3.0 People still alive? =8-)

  • From: Jeff Herrick <jherrick@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:08:03 -0400 (EDT)

All you  10g people...stop laughing  :)

I have a very old (unsupported) Apps 11i HRMS server running OWS,
Database (8.05), forms Server and Concurrent Manager running on an NT4
server. Don't ask...they'd like to move but for political reasons
it's not going to happen in the near to middle future (I've already
been nursing it since 2002!).

I had a prod and a test environment running on old 'beige box' hardware
but my test environment died last week leaving me with no egress
strategy for the prod environment if it fails. I was able to build
a new NT4 installation on new(er!) hardware and restore the database
and Apps software to the new box using a backup from PROD. I want to
rename the prod OWS installation to test and if you're familiar
with OWS (OAS for that matter) the hostname is embedded in config
files as well as directory names in the HOME\OWS\3.0 hierarchy.

I'm able to get the listener up, the database up the concurrent
managers up and the forms listener up...no small feat but it's
doable. However the Web Server component just won't come up. I get

oracle_adp_init returned ADI_FATALINIT

in the web server log file.

I have renamed the directory to the new hostname, eradicated all
instances of the old hostname out of the config files and the
registry.

I spent some time a few years back trying to get this 'cloning'
method to work on OAS 4.08 for another installation and I had to
give up. I really need to get this working to have a working
test environment as well as to prove that we can move the old
prod environment to better hardware as the next step.

Any old-time OWS 3.0 folks able to help me out?

Sorry for the long post!

JH