Antwort: Physical CPU? or multicore?

  • From: "Martin Klier" <Martin.Klier@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karlarao@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:54:27 +0200

Hi Karl,

physical CPUs are always better than Hyperthreading: HT only twins the
pipes and queues, for computing itself you will end up with some kind of
"contention" on the core again. Okay, Nehalem has improved requeuing
features implemented and might be more efficient than the old Xenons, but
if licensing does not matter, I'd always prefer real metal.

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß

Martin Klier
Senior Oracle Database Administrator

Klug GmbH integrierte Systeme
Lindenweg 13, D-92552 Teunz
Tel.:  +49 9671/9216-245
Fax.: +49 9671/9216-112
mailto: martin.klier@xxxxxxxxxx
www.klug-is.de

Geschäftsführer: Johann Klug, Roman Sorgenfrei
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Teunz, USt-ID-Nr. DE175481608,
HRB Nr. 2037, Amtsgericht Amberg