Antique hunter - looking for info on insert into partion (union-all) view

  • From: "Don Granaman" <granaman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:03:49 -0700

The subject line really says it all.  Someone I know is seriously
considering it and asked me about this v7.3-compatible form of "logical"
partitioning (in 9i no less!) with an "instead of " insert trigger on the
view.  It has been *way* too long.  It hasn't been in my memory cache for
years and only small fragments even seem to be in "secondary storage".  The
google mine doesn't yield much of use except for Jonathan's papers like
pv.doc, but I haven't yet found the one with any discussion of insert.  So,
I am now looking for examples or papers.  Pointers anyone?  Someone must
know where some dusty info on this is squirreled away.   Perhaps circa 1995?
At the Smithsonian?  ;-)

Don Granaman
Resurrected OraSaurus