RE: Annoying 9.2.0.4 "feature"

  • From: "Jacques Kilchoer" <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:04:28 -0800

I don't get it. Are you saying that the tablespace name was "lost" after =
an alter table move? I don't see that happening.

SQL> select * from v$version ;
BANNER
Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.4.0 - 64bit Production
PL/SQL Release 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
CORE    9.2.0.3.0       Production
TNS for Solaris: Version 9.2.0.4.0 - Production
NLSRTL Version 9.2.0.4.0 - Production

SQL> create table t (n number) tablespace users ;
Table cr=E9=E9e.
SQL> select table_name, tablespace_name from user_tables
  2  where table_name =3D 'T' ;
TABLE_NAME                     TABLESPACE_NAME
T                              USERS

SQL> alter table t move tablespace data ;
Table modifi=E9e.
SQL> select table_name, tablespace_name from user_tables
  2  where table_name =3D 'T' ;
TABLE_NAME                     TABLESPACE_NAME
T                              DATA
SQL> column object_name format a30
SQL> select a.object_name, c.name as tablespace_name
  2  from user_objects a, sys.tab$ b, sys.ts$ c
  3  where a.object_name =3D 'T' and a.object_type =3D 'TABLE'
  4  and b.obj# =3D a.object_id
  5  and c.ts# =3D b.ts# ;

OBJECT_NAME                    TABLESPACE_NAME
T                              DATA