RE: Analyze a table results in huge num_rows count

  • From: "Arnon, Yuval" <Yuval.Arnon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:31:13 -0400

All,

Just to let you know I've figured what the problem is. This table is
being audited using FGA for one of the columns and that is what causes
the huge discrepancy. Once I drop the policy (using execute
dbms_fga.drop_policy), the gather_table_stats works ok.
I am going to open a TAR wih Oracle.

Thanks for the input.

Yuval.