RE: Alternatives to OEM Diagnostic/Tuning Packs

  • From: "Johnson, William L (TEIS)" <WLJohnson@xxxxxx>
  • To: "rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx" <rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 20:51:58 -0400

The only thing I worry about with tools like these is that they are querying
tables/views behind the scenes that will end up biting you in an audit.  With
the introduction of the Diagnostics and Tuning Packs, there are several
views/tables in the database that can be queried without any special permission
- but they require licensing.  I would hate to use a "free" product to only
find out it is hitting tables inside the database that will cost you in the
event you are audited.
I may be stating something you already know...but better over informed than
burned in an audit...

Bill