RE: Altering dymanic SGA parameters and ORA-00376

  • From: <krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <peter.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'oracle-l'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:14:27 -0700

I am unable to locate the bug number associated with a similar error I saw
in the recent past, I will post that when I can locate it. Basically, if I
remember this correct the database instance crashes (10.2.0.3 I believe) if
you resize when the sga_target is a multiple of 4G. I think the
circumstances were

1. SGA_TARGET 12G

2. DB_CACHE_SIZE was increased

Regards