Allowing Thin JDBC Connections Through A Firewall

  • From: fmhabash <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:50:25 -0400

Hi all,
I have a setup where a client machine is using thin JDBC to connect to a DB server. There is a firewall in between. The firewall is sqlnet complaint (fix-up is installed). SQLPLUS connections are successfull, while the application is failing to make the jdbc connection per its logs.

From my research, it seems that there is only 1 ways to fix this issue ...
1) use connection manager and change thin client URL to point to CM.

My questions are ...
1) Is this setup feasible at all? Can JDBC connections be allowed through.
2) How?

Thank you