RE: "All triggers are evil",..., really?

  • From: "Stephens, Chris" <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:13:56 -0500

Maybe all database professionals should be required to join at least one
community similar in quality to oracle-l (this is a community right!).
That would ensure that they be exposed to enough 'as always...it
depends' responses which would minimize their vulnerability to 'rules of
thumb'.

If (when) this becomes standard practice, have no doubt, I'll
shamelessly take full credit for the idea! :)

chris