Re: All good things ....

  • From: Thomas Day <tomday2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 09:18:41 -0500

I cribbed the following from a paper at
http://www.european-patent-office.org/epidos/conf/patlib2003/pdf/pres/allen_e.pdf.
 I altered project specific language to make it more general.

"The database roadmap project will produce, test and rollout a paper
and web-based product which will enable employees to identify and find
information generated by our systems that can help them in their
innovative activities.  The roadmap will enable users to categorise
their activities and consequently their information needs and guide
them to appropriate databases, web-based help, and other sources of
advice and expertise.   The roadmap will guide users to the
destination (perhaps to answers to their questions) but will also
point out other features (sources of information and advice) en
route."

I was involved with a network roadmap project once.  Basically,
mapping the bandwidth required for every piece of computer equipment
in the Dept. of Labor back in 1986.  It might be worthwhile to map
users/applications to databases, though you'd need to define
"bandwidth" in that context.

Sounds like fun.  Congratulations.