Re: Advice for dblinks between two prod DBs.

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rich.Jesse@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:09:23 -0400

Hi Rich
As you know the optimizer don't optimize as well through dblinks, if you are
thinking to do complex queries, I suggestion you to use a materialized view
(in the source database) or a function table (in the source database), so
you only get rows from there; there is the driving site hint, if I remember
well, but this didn't helped too much in the past.
Another problem is when some one change the password the dblnk in the other
database uses.
There is a secuiryt issue about a sys table where you can see the dblinks
password.
There are several options if you check the sql reference, I suggest you to
make some test I really I'm not sure which will be better for you dblink
setup.