Re: Advanced queueing

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cstephens16@xxxxxxxxx, Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:26:57 +0000

I just realized this. This list is a queue.

We send out an email to the server. The server gets them and sends them out in
order. You can also think of the common feeder line at the bank(i think this is
a generic example... dont remember). Its not done in real time. If it was done
in real time. We would send an email and our screen would 'wait', until the
emails had been sent out to everyone. Instead, we send out an email. Go away
and later see that it has been forwarded to the rest of the list.

People queue up(get in line). Each person is helped in order by one of many
tellers. These are the subscribers. The essentially 'pop' a person from the
queue and act on their 'message'.