Re: Addressing buffer buisy waits in 10g with ASSM

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <saad4u@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 10:10:28 +0100

From your comment it looks like you're looking at the v$waitstat output
(possibly as reported by AWR or Statspack).
Two points: I think this may include "read by other session" when it
shouldn't, and you need to look at the "Segments by .... " section of the
report to identify exactly which segments are subject to the problem.

It would also be interesting to see the "Top 5" report to see the relative
impact made by the buffer busy waits - you don't anything about time spent,
only about counts.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all_postings